Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My Companion is the Very Best!

Look at this beautiful piano!  Lon spent a great deal of time at night searching for a used piano
for me.  We finally found an affordable one and the fellow even said he will buy it back when we
leave.  It's a German piano and has a great, mellow sound.  I am so spoiled!

We have given out over 450 of the God Be With You CD that we made before we left home.  It has
brought amazing results among the missionaries, members, and non-members as well.  Lon gives it to
everyone.  We feel that through the Spirit of the Lord that CD is touching many lives.  It is really a
humbling experience to have been part of it.

The other thing that I absolutely love is going to the animal parks.  I love to see
the animals.  This little bird flew right up to our open window and perched on
the door.  Friendly or aggressive, I'm not sure.
The Meekrats were out in a field and as I started taking their picture, they all
ran straight for me.  It reminded me of the time in Boise, Idaho, when I was
chased by a gopher!  That's another story.
t


Finally, we saw our first elephant!

I have a thing about filming birds I guess.


The Mother Zebra was looking down at the ground so I told her to lift her
head for a picture.  And she did!  I know, my grandchildren are saying,
"Grandma's full of it" but seriously that's what happened.  And you all know
I can talk to animals--right?

A bit of a surprise to see a desert tortoise in Africa. . .

Or a millipede or whatever this is. . .

The Guinia Fowl are quite tame and delicious to eat I am told.  (They
 apparently taste a lot like chicken, ha ha.)

Gigantic storks I think.  We thought they were buzzards at first.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a photographer! I am so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! You got a piano. Let me know if you need any music. I can send some. Love the pictures. Can not believe you saw an elephant. So cool. keep the pictures coming. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete